What’s Your FQ? Top Tips for Creating Intelligent Feasibility Questionnaires
Feasibility questionnaires are part of the conduct of clinical research and answering them intelligently can help a site in being awarded the studies they target. The questions typically include the site’s research experience, patient population, study design, equipment access, site staff experience and start-up specifics. “A robust feasibility also ensures a realistic assessment and capability to conduct the clinical trial. For local affiliates of pharmaceutical organizations, and contract research organizations, this is a precursor to study placement and influences the decision of participating in a study. Clinical trial feasibilities assist in identifying these challenges before-hand and help in the decision-making process on how to work efficiently with different countries and sites with their respective challenges. In the absence of a clear organized network of clinical trial centers, feasibility questionnaires help in identifying region-specific or even institution-specific practices which can have an impact on overall study completion.”(https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3146075/). In a manner of speaking, you can think of a feasibility questionnaire in the same light as a college application: you want to showcase your strengths and aptitude.
Other considerations include how enrollment estimates are derived, for example:
- In-depth analysis
- Database search for indication
- Database search for inclusion/exclusion (I/E)
Top tips for creating effective, A+ level, feasibility questionnaires:
- Do your homework. Select the right study and conduct a feasibility analysis. This will enable the PI (Principal Investigator) to identify studies that are truly a good fit. You also want to ensure that you have the infrastructure in place to support the trial.
- Circle back to your FQ. Once you receive the final protocol, be sure to review and if needed, make updates to your enrollment predictions.
- Increase your database potential. Do not let your well run dry. Your database is your “goldmine” and it needs constant upkeep. Have a dedicated recruiter maintain patient engagement and ensure that contact/medical history is up to date.
Providing an intelligently crafted feasibility questionnaire that shows thorough attention to detail increases a site’s chance of being awarded a study. To learn how BTC Network assists with this process, contact us.
Post by Melissa Daley -
Melissa develops social media and digital marketing content strategies and produces a variety of collateral with creative, effective messaging. Melissa has served as an educator in higher education for close to two decades.